- To Restore and Empower for a Better Life
- Vision Verse – ISAIAH 61:1
How do we Restore and Empower
- To rehabilitate, restore and empower all survivors from sexual exploitation, in order to live an independent and purposeful life.
- We unleash their God given ability and gifts through specific skills empowerment through training, development and mentoring programmes.
- We partner with Churches, Christian Organisations for Spiritual support. We partner with SME and Professional bodies for skills development and empowerment
- Ithemba Lobomi is a Christian Organisation NGO that seeks to reach out to women who have fallen into the trap of prostitution on our city streets.
- We identify the individuals involved and we build relationships with them and then proceed to provide counseling and spiritual support services, equipping them with the relevant skills with the aim of helping them make better life choices and quit the life of prostitution.
- We seek to form partnership with other Christian Organisations, Churches and communities to bring freedom to those who are sexually exploited.
Ithemba Lobomi was founded in 2014 by Nokulunga Ntshoko. She started working with the women on the streets as individuals and sometimes in groups. She would spend time engaging with the ladies on issues of life and to some, allowing them to share their reasons for choosing to be where they are.
Every street ministry would include prayer and leading them to accepting Christ as their personal Saviour. By the Grace of God, we have seen some of the ladies leaving the life of prostitution to find formal employment and others creating other means of earning an income through starting their own businesses.